ISC2.2 and uugetty-does it work?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sat Apr 13 23:43:38 AEST 1991

dstein at cup.portal.com (Doug Mr-Science Stein) writes:

>I would like to set up a bidirectional serial port to allow a modem to work
>as either a dial-in or dial-out line.  As I recall, early versions of ISC's
>uugetty program (pre-version 2.2) were broken and never worked properly.

The best solution to this problem is to use an intelligent tty port (via
an intelligent card, or the FAS tty port driver).  Then you can just hang
a normal getty on the modem control port and cu out the non-modem
control port.  The drivers handle the locking of the port.

the only time I saw uugetty working, it required the following:

	1. tty port with modem control (see the FAQ question 13 for info on
	   how to get that).

	2. dialers entries that use \m and \M to set and clear local mode
	   when dialing.

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170