Fortran Compilers for 386 Unix

Studenten Vereniging Stack rcstack at rwa.urc.tue.nl
Wed Apr 24 01:50:30 AEST 1991

Hi,

I'm looking for a Fortran (yucc) compiler for Unix 386. f2c doesn't do the
job since I need to run a large package which originates from a
VMS VAX. There has been made extensive use of structs, records and
other non fortran 77 extensions. I know Microsoft's Fortran but
after using the DOS and OS/2 version I am not very impressed
(80286 code). I know that LPI makes a Fortran for 386 Unix's
and would like to know more of it.

So, which Fortran compilers are available, which have the VAX fortran
extensions and what do they cost. I will summarize to the net.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Derks