configuring FAS

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Sun Apr 28 14:07:51 AEST 1991

I've installed FAS 2.08 on my ESIX machine, and need to make a change as
described in the README.  I need to make it so HUPCL will be set so
carrier will drop when users log out.  Here is an excerpt from the
README:

     - Note: If a device is carrier controlled, this implies the generation
             of a SIGHUP signal with every carrier high->low. This is of
             course only true if the CLOCAL flag is *not* set.

             On my own system I prefer a minor device number of `0101xxxx'
             (80 + device #) for the non-blocking tty node and `1101xxxx'
             (208 + device #) for the blocking tty node. This gives me
             the SIGHUP signal on carrier loss and full duplex hardware
             flow control with both logical devices. Dialout while a dialin
             open is waiting for the carrier is also possible with this
             setup.

This looks like what I need to configure.  I really don't know how (or
where) to set the bit masks.  How is this done?

Thanks!

Bill Heiser

--
bill at unixland.uucp                 The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix