references/books on 386 h/ware support for HLLs

Richard Siggs richard at chook.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Apr 14 12:14:38 AEST 1991

Good day all,
	I'm looking (rather urgently now!) for any references (articles in
magazines/journals)
&/or books (title, author, publisher etc) that my suitably cover the
topic of "h/ware support provided by i386 based computers (note, not
JUST the i386, but its total integration into a computer system), for
execution of high-level, block-structured programming languages & for
the implementation of a suitable programming environment" (eg: OS
(preferably Unix based), editors, debuggers, graphics etc). I know it's
a pretty broad & ill-defined area, but I need the info. to cover such
broad areas like:
	How areas such as:
	1) simple data types (chars, integers, floating point etc),
	2) structured data types (strings, arrays, records, files etc),
	3) control structures (loops, procedures, tasks etc),
	4) environment (os shells, editors etc),
	5) graphic support (more h/ware based),
	6) any other h/ware supported features...

	 .. are dealt with (or not!) by the i386 & assoc. possible h/ware.

	Could get ugly couldn't it?

	Thanks,

				Richard Siggs
	Computer Science Dept.,	 Adelaide University, South Australia.
			Net: richard at cs.adelaide.edu.au

		Q. Does Permaculture work?	A. Do trees grow?

		"What we see is not reality in itself, but reality
		 exposed to our method of questioning."
			- Heisenburg.

			May all beings be happy.