sendmail not delivering, just queueing

Steven H. Izen shi at po.CWRU.Edu
Wed Apr 24 00:59:53 AEST 1991

I'm still haveing trouble getting sendmail to deliver mail.

Here's the setup:  I'm uisng ISC 3.2.2, (* WITHOUT *) tcp/ip.  I have only
UUCP mail configured.  Local mail on mys system works fine, as does any
outgoing mail.  Remote incoming mail gets queued, but not delivered.
If I run /usr/lib/sendmail -q -v, the mail will then get delivered o.k.
Everything was working fine until I upgraded to 3.2.2 from release 2.0.2.

I have played with the sendmail.cf for hours on end.  I have tried almost
everything I could find. It was interesting learning about all the
sendmail options.  I have tried running /usr/lib/sendmail with a time
specified in the q switch.  The problem with that is that sendmail
immediately exits becasue (I think) that there is nothing for it to
listen to. -remember I don't have tcp/ip on this system-

One workaround, which is not appealing, is to set up cron to
run sendmail every so often, but Ishouldn't ahve to do that.  Can anyone
think of anything?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please reply by e-mail since I don't often have the time to read this group

Thanks.

--
 Steven H. Izen, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
Reply to izen at cwru.cwru.edu or steve at izen386.math.cwru.edu or
	steve at pitacat.math.cwru.edu
Entropy - It's not what it used to be.