sendmail not delivering, just queueing

L. Hirschbiegel lh at aega84.UUCP
Wed Apr 24 19:51:48 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr23.145953.5712 at usenet.ins.cwru.edu> shi at po.CWRU.Edu (Steven H. Izen) writes:

>I'm still haveing trouble getting sendmail to deliver mail.
>
>Here's the setup:  I'm uisng ISC 3.2.2, (* WITHOUT *) tcp/ip.  I have only
>UUCP mail configured.  Local mail on mys system works fine, as does any
>outgoing mail.  Remote incoming mail gets queued, but not delivered.
>If I run /usr/lib/sendmail -q -v, the mail will then get delivered o.k.
>Everything was working fine until I upgraded to 3.2.2 from release 2.0.2.
>
> [stuff deleted]
>--
> Steven H. Izen, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
>Reply to izen at cwru.cwru.edu or steve at izen386.math.cwru.edu or
>	steve at pitacat.math.cwru.edu
>Entropy - It's not what it used to be.

Since my email bounced I'm trying it this way.

1. get some kind of debugger (fm will do this job).

2. find "sendmail" in /bin/rmail. As you can see sendmail is called with
   options "-oee" and "-odq" from within rmail.

3. Change "-odq" (this is responsible for the queuing of your incoming
   mail)  to "-odb".

4. Write back rmail.

That's all! I dunno why ISC hardcoded queue'd mailing, but its really
annoying... (no flames, please, I'm also not one of the patient guys :-).

L. Hirschbiegel