VPIX compatability questions

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Thu Jan 17 11:11:11 AEST 1991

After talking with SCO tech support several times this week, I've gotten
a definitive "no" to the question of running a LAN card under VP/ix.  But
the problem seems not to be strictly technical; one of the tech experts
actually left me a pitch for SCO TCP/IP on my voice mail.  I surmise that
SCO has made a business decision to preclude network support by third
parties under VP/ix.

By the way, getting through to SCO tech support can be a real headache.
They've taken their voice-mail system to the ultimate automated extreme,
forcing you to get a call back from them unless you get pretty insistent.
And someone keyed my name in wrong, so whenever they called back they kept
asking for the wrong person (someone who happened not to be in the office
most of the time this week).  Technology seems to be running amok!

-rich