ISC2.2 having trouble with Zmodem file transfer

David D. Kessner dkessner at isis.cs.du.edu
Sun Jan 6 06:47:02 AEST 1991

>>	I am unable to upload from a Procomm PC to a ISC2.2 unix host
>>via ymodem. It dies about 20 blocks into the transfer. The set up is
>>as follows:
>
>>	unix host:
>>		PD zmodem stuff
>>		telebit t1000 ext. modem
>>		9600 baud, running on com2 (standard comm port)
>>		25MHz 386.
>
>>	pc host
>>		procomm plus
>>		telebit t1000
>>		9600 baud

Ok...  This is PROBABLY the reason why.  Procomm+'s protocols DON'T WORK!
I am suprised that you got 20 blocks.  I have tried to use PC+ transfering
with several other machines (UNIX and MS-DOS).  In most situations, PC+ will
allow you to download, but not upload.  I don't know why, but PC+ has problems
with most of it's protocols, including XMODEM (how does one mess up XMODEM?).

My suggestion is to you to use TELIX.  It is much like PC+, but WORKS.  It is
also public domain/shareware.  It also comes with ZMODEM (which is faster than
YMODEM, IMHO).  I have uploaded/downloaded to a directly connected 385/25 UNIX
box at 38400baud.  The unix box was using rz...

Hope that helps.
David Kessner
kessner!david at csn.org