ISC2.2 having trouble with Zmodem file transfer

John G. DeArmond jgd at Dixie.Com
Sat Jan 5 05:44:38 AEST 1991

DeadHead at cup.portal.com (Bruce M Ong) writes:

>Hi -
>	I am unable to upload from a Procomm PC to a ISC2.2 unix host
>via ymodem. It dies about 20 blocks into the transfer. The set up is
>as follows:

>	unix host:
>		PD zmodem stuff
>		telebit t1000 ext. modem
>		9600 baud, running on com2 (standard comm port)
>		25MHz 386.

>	pc host
>		procomm plus
>		telebit t1000
>		9600 baud

This should run just fine at any speed the PC is capable of.  I use the
combination here all the time at 19.2kb with zero problems.

>They also tell me that ISC2.2's tty buffer is
>1K and you cant do 1K block transfer. Now, is that correct?

No, two totally unrelated matters.  IF you are using Chuck Fornsberg's
rzsz on unix, he uses the standard library fread() and fwrite() calls
to pass characters to the comm stream.  He does not expect to receive
a full block in one fread() and indeed normally gets one.

Before we get all spun up trying to help, you need to give us some
diagnostic information.  What does the status line show before it
crashes.  And how about running zmodem on the unix system in diagnoistic
mode (-v or verbose mode) and tell us what it says or post the tail
end of it.  Zmodem is normally bulletproof so either you have a bad
configuration or bad binaries or something similiar.

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC        | "Purveyors of speed to the Trade"  (tm)
Rapid Deployment System, Inc. |  Home of the Nidgets (tm)