Unix/Novell interface

Daniel A. Graifer dag at fciva.FRANKCAP.COM
Sat Jan 19 02:42:02 AEST 1991

In article <22789 at frog.UUCP> barr at frog.UUCP (Chris Barr) writes:
>...[Discussion of Portable Netware]...
>One drawback I've heard of: Unix and DOS files remain segregated on
>the Portable NetWare server - one OS user cannot access files stored
>by the other OS.  I expected an automatic conversion to be implemented.

I've said this a number of times on comp.dcom.lans, but I'm not sure
I've said it here.  If your not wedded to Novell, take a hard look at
Locus Computing's PC-Interface.  It's cheap (the server is free with
some unix versions) and it does provide _very_ clean integration between
the MS-Dos and unix file systems, print handling, terminal emulation,
etc.

Standard Disclaimers.

Dan
--
Daniel A. Graifer			Coastal Capital Funding Corp.
Sr. Vice President, Financial Systems	7900 Westpark Dr. Suite A-130
uunet!fciva!dag				fciva.FRANKCAP.COM!dag at uunet.uu.net