SCO.patches for X11 in archive form

Chuck Luciano chuck at csn.csn.org
Sun Jan 6 07:38:46 AEST 1991

Hi! If the following offer is of no value to anyone out there, I plead
ignorance. I have been doing UNIX s/w development for 5 years, but, I am
new to the world of GNU, FSF, and Unix Share/Freeware.

I am currently working on getting X11 running under SCO SysV. When I downloaded
the X distribution and patches, I had difficulty applying the patches. On my
SCO machine so I applied the patches on a SUN workstation and made an archive
of the files which were modified by applying the patches.

There are two files the first brings X11 R4 up to patchlevel 14, and the
second applys the fix-14.sco01 the fix-14.sco12 patches. Each is approx
1.25 meg. I actually had no trouble applying the SCO patches on the SCO
system so I suspect that only the former of the two is actually useful.
If there is interest I can uuto the files to you, or if there is much
interest I can post them to an anonymous ftp site, or possibly create a
guest login/anon UUCP on my SCO machine.

If everyone else out there already knows how to apply these patches under SCO
clue me in.

If anybody has any advice concerning creating a guest login, or running a
BBS under SCO, I'd appreciate that also. (Basically I've never administered
a system before)

Thanks,
Chuck Luciano
chuck at csn.org

P.S. Thanks to Chip Salzenberg for his patches for gcc,g++ and gdb.
I am interested in collecting patches/war stories concerning installing
GNU software under SCO. If there is sufficient interest I may act as an
archive site for these patches and advisories until FSF begins including
them in their distribution.