SCO.patches for X11 in archive form

Robert Lent lent at netcom.UUCP
Tue Jan 8 19:20:15 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan5.203846.25683 at csn.org> chuck at csn.csn.org (Chuck Luciano) writes:
>There are two files the first brings X11 R4 up to patchlevel 14, and the
>second applys the fix-14.sco01 the fix-14.sco12 patches. Each is approx
>1.25 meg. I actually had no trouble applying the SCO patches on the SCO
>system so I suspect that only the former of the two is actually useful.
>If there is interest I can uuto the files to you, or if there is much
>interest I can post them to an anonymous ftp site, or possibly create a
>guest login/anon UUCP on my SCO machine.

I would like to obtain the patches.

I would also very much like to obtain the changes
that you make to configure X11R4 for SCO (the config/SCOunix.cf file,
config/Imake.tmpl, config/imakemdep.h, config/site.def, etc.).
Would you mail me the configuration files directly?  (Shar format or straight
copies would be wonderful).

>If everyone else out there already knows how to apply these patches under SCO
>clue me in.

I'm interested too.

>If anybody has any advice concerning creating a guest login, or running a
>BBS under SCO, I'd appreciate that also. (Basically I've never administered
>a system before)

Can't help with BBS.  I can help with admin. call evenings, Pacific Standard
Time.

>I am interested in collecting patches/war stories concerning installing
>GNU software under SCO. If there is sufficient interest I may act as an
>archive site for these patches and advisories until FSF begins including
>them in their distribution.

I'm very interested in these, too.  Actually it would be really neat if
someone would archive the binaries for SCO.  I don't mind building some
software, but I'm doing X development on a Toshiba with 100M of disk. :-}

Regards,

Bob Lent
uunet!lent52!lent
(408) 985 1829