How to claim tax writeoff for Unix box?

Fred Miller fmiller at dobie.UUCP
Wed Jan 16 08:17:10 AEST 1991

chris at xorn.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:

>Yow! I'm looking at getting a 386 unix box and am wondering what kinds of
>excused I need to write part of it off my taxes. Any ideas, suggestions?
>What techniques have you used in the past? What kind of documentation does
>one need to maintain, use logs?

Normally you will write off the cost of hardware over a 3 to 7 year
period.  I write off "add on" hardware like drives etc. in the year
in which they are purchased.  The *best* answers can be obtained from
a *good* CPA.

						Fred

--
  F&J Enterprises                   |  bluemoon!dobie!fmiller
  International Network Marketing   |  The Common Sense BBS