Serial Port Help

W. Paul Zola paulz at sco.COM
Wed Jan 16 08:13:38 AEST 1991

In article <9101080726.aa03502 at cjsysv.UUCP> uunet!cjsysv!clayj at watmath.UUCP (Clay's main account) writes:
[ Clay wants to toggle CTS from a C program ]

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do this with the
serial drivers supplied with SCO UNIX/ODT-OS.  The code that sets the
CTS line is embedded in the serial driver.  It is tightly tied to the
number of characters in the input and output queues and to some specific
data structures in the sio driver.

The only ioctl()s available turn RTS/CTS flow control off and on: they
do not toggle the actual state of the line.  If you want to do this,
you'll need to hack out your own device driver - FAS is probably a good
place to start.

}
}Clay Jackson
}{clayj at cjsysv.wa.com | ...uunet!nwnexus!cjsysv!clayj}

Followups to comp.unix.sysv386

-
Paul Zola			Software Support Engineer
				paulz at sco.COM
Gotta tend the earth if you want a rose.  - Emily Saliers
    DISCLAIMER: I speak for myself, and not for SCO.