FAX cards for 386 UNIX

Bill Campbell bill at camco.Celestial.COM
Fri Jan 25 04:19:41 AEST 1991

In <1991Jan21.215033.4330 at cbnewsi.att.com> rmz at cbnewsi.att.com (robert.m.zachok) writes:

>This is a second request for information on any fax/modem cards & drivers
>that are compatible with 386 UNIX V.3.2, (esp. Interactive 2.0.2) systems.
>My last posting gave an e-mail address that guaranteed bounced mail, so
>I'm trying again.

>Information on suppliers, capabilities, *IX variants supported and cost
>would be greatly appreciated.  If there is sufficient interest, I'll
>summarize for the net.

>                               Thanks again
>Bob Zachok
>sis at mtdcb.att.com

The HAYES JT9600 fax/modem card is NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SCSI.
Install the card and the system won't boot.

External modems are better than internal anyway.  They don't take
a slot, don't require you to power the system off when they hang,
and I can watch the lights to see what is happening.  We use an
Everex class II external with UNIFAX software.

Bill.
--
INTERNET:  bill at Celestial.COM   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
UUCP:   ...!thebes!camco!bill   6641 East Mercer Way