Can't run clients under (Roell's) X11R4 for ISC

Chin Fang fangchin at portia.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jan 15 05:23:44 AEST 1991

In article <510 at zok.UUCP> mark at zok.UUCP (Mark W. Snitily) writes:
>In article <1991Jan12.061432.27366 at portia.Stanford.EDU> fangchin at elaine30.stanford.edu (Chin Fang) writes:
>>According to the latest FAQ of comp.windows.x, the xclock has bug which
>>prevents it from function properly in X11R4 environment (but you can run
>>it in X11R3).  It has been fixed and a new src has been posted laterly.
>>Check that FAQ for more details.
>
>Did you mean "xlock" or "xclock" ?  The FAQ mentions the problem and
>recent reposting of "xlock", but I found no reference to "xclock" in the
>FAQ posted on 31-Dec-90.  Is there a newer FAQ, or did we accidentally
>drop/insert a character?
>
>-- Mark

Sorry about my faulty memory.  The FAQ only mentioned xlock (subject 65)
not xclock.  The bug of xclock is well known however.  It is in libXaw_s
and Thomas Roell has fixed it recently.

Regards,

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department