ECU gor ISC (Re: Modem programs wanted)

Geraldo Veiga ilan343 at violet.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 17 12:26:56 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan17.001941.564 at portia.Stanford.EDU> fangchin at portia.Stanford.EDU (Chin Fang) writes:

>Recently there is one program written for SCO Xenix/Unix 386 called ecu
>Yes, it is not written for ISC/ESIX/UHC/Microport..., but with these
>vendors all claiming Xenix compatibility, potential porting effort should
>be either nill or bearable.

The lastest patches for ECU make some attempt to support ISC 2.2.  It
didn't work for me.  Still there are differences in header files, and
some constants not defined anywhere in ISC's includes.  Admittedly,
I only made a half-hearted effort in making it work, so it might be
fixable without much effort.  After my failed porting attempt, I could
execute "ecu" but it core dump whenever I tried anything involving
serial ports.

As for Xenix compatability of 3.2, do they mean source code
compatible with SCO?   Certainly not in the case of ecu.