Need Recommendation: noninterlace video board

Grant DeLorean grant at bluemoon.UUCP
Wed Jan 2 11:11:25 AEST 1991

ckp at grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) writes:

>In this vein, does anyone know of a vendor with an X11 server for the
>Hercules Graphics Station card?  I'm trying to assemble my personal Unix
>workstation, and have identified the hardware I want (33MHz 386, NEC 4D
>monitor, HGSC, Adaptec SCSI, etc) and I need to assemble the software as
>well.  Thanks.

 Well, for ISC and SCO you can go to AGE and they will sell you a
server for the Graphics Station card ($595), or you can wait a little
while and see the MetroLink (a replacement X11, r4 rather than r3, for
ISC, ESIX and SCO) one. The MetroLink product is $295 for the X11r4
and another $295 for the dev kit. The HGS driver should be done by
the end of January 1991, maybe sooner. (as you may have guessed, I
am betting on that Hurcules card to be a hot card for the near
future too :-}).
--
 Grant DeLorean  (grant at bluemoon) {osu-cis!n8emr!, nstar!}bluemoon!grant
/* So just remember, if a weirdo in a blue suit comes up and offers you