Norton Bugs (was: Sound driver ?)

Tim Addington tima at bcs800.UUCP
Wed Jan 30 13:25:22 AEST 1991

In <3812 at wb3ffv.ampr.org> howardl at wb3ffv.ampr.org ( WB3FFV) writes:

>> Paul Guthrie
>Humm, I am wondering if that many people are really having problems with
>the Norton Utilities?  I have been using the Norton System V Utilities...

Here, we have several people doing heavy development on a 386-25 and with
Norton installed, were were getting two or three panics a day.  When we
removed Norton, the machine stayed up for a month without a hiccup.

True, it may have been a tuning problem but, since this was a production
machine, it didn't take very long to decide that the benifits of Norton
wern't worth the headaches.

|   Opinions Are Mine And In No Way Reflect Those Of Brock Control Systems.   |
|  Tim Addington                       |                 Home (404) 640-1385  |
|  Brock Control Systems               |                 Work (404) 431-1252  |
|  2859 Paces Ferry Rd. Suite 1000     |                  Fax (404) 431-1201  |
|  Atlanta, GA  30339                  |         ...!uunet!emory!bcs800!tima  |