PC Unix and 3Com and Novell networks

Paul Gillingwater paul at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Jan 30 19:40:47 AEST 1991

In article <15956 at reed.UUCP> bob at reed.UUCP (Bob Ankeney) writes:
> 2) From Unix, can we access the MSDOS files on the novell network?  What
>    would be involved?

Portable Netware for UNIX.  Several vendors have this now.  But only
IF the files sit on the server.  I haven't seen any Novell clients
for ANY UNIX.

> 3) From the novell network can we access Unix files?

Yup.  Portable Netware.  It's identical to Netware/386, except it
won't support some of the multi-tasking stuff (because UNIX is
inherently multi-tasking anyway).

>      These are questions we need to have more information about to decide
> if we can switch to Unix (gawd, I hope so!).

Make sure you get it from a vendor who knows what they are doing.
Paul Gillingwater, paul at actrix.gen.nz