BETA ST-01 SCSI Driver

Michael Grenier mike at cimcor.mn.org
Wed Jan 2 12:11:48 AEST 1991

I'm posting an update to the PD ST-01 scsi adapter
driver for UNIX in 3 parts. It now supports raw devices
and some of the hd(7) ioctls needed for things like
ESIX/BSD fast file systems. Speed has increased...i.e a

   dd if=/dev/rscsi0s1 of=/dev/null bs=100k count=....

will result in a 700k per second transfer rate on my
CDC Wren IV.  Will people of other scsi adapters send me
their rates? I'm curious.

It also has better support for UNIX 3.2 including support
for doing an idinstall. If you are using ESIX. you need to rip
out the Future Domain driver because of symbol conflicts.

     -Mike Grenier
     mike at cimcor.mn.org