Compiling GNU C 1.38 in SCO Unix System V 3.2

Kautonen Ari akk at korppi.tut.fi
Wed Jan 2 17:21:59 AEST 1991

Someone of you may have noticed that my checklist (README-SCO) distributed
with the new GNU C 1.38 package considering the compilation of this package
in SCO Unix System V 3.2 is indeed a false one. It was meant to be used with
the version 1.37.1. This new release has corrected many of the previous
problems and added many more features.

The compilation of this new release is very simple in SCO Unix System V 3.2.
Below you will find the complete compilation checklist for this release.

I hope that the distributors of the GNU C package will replace the old
checklist with the new one if they consider it worth a while.

Ari Kautonen
(akk at tut.fi)

--- checklist follows ---

============== Checklist from of Ari Kautonen (akk at tut.fi) ===================
	Compiling GNU C 1.38 in SCO Unix System V 3.2.0 (31 Dec 1990)

1. Edit Makefile:
	- remove -O from CCLIBFLAGS
	- uncommment CLIB = -lPW
	- uncomment the following lines from 'SysV from SCO'-part:
		RANLIB = :
		CC = rcc
		OLDCC = rcc
	- remove limits.h from USER_H
	- change installation options as you like

2. Run: sh config.gcc i386-sco

3. Add following type-cast to rtl.c line 679

   Old:
   676:	  /* get vector length and allocate it */
   677:	  XVEC (return_rtx, i) = (list_counter
   678:				  ? rtvec_alloc (list_counter)
   679:				  : NULL);

   New:
	  /* get vector length and allocate it */
	  XVEC (return_rtx, i) = (list_counter
				  ? rtvec_alloc (list_counter)
				  : (struct rtvec_def *) NULL);

4. Run: make
	- lots of warnings: ignore -

5. Run: make stage1

6. Run: make "CC=stage1/gcc -Bstage1/"

7. Run: make stage1

8. Run: make "CC=stage1/gcc -O -g -Bstage1/"

9. Run: make install

That's it!

============= End checklist from of Ari Kautonen (akk at tut.fi) ================
Ari Kautonen  (akk at korppi.tut.fi)