Hardware Flow Control on tty

grebus at nobozo.enet.dec.com grebus at nobozo.enet.dec.com
Sat Jan 5 09:09:06 AEST 1991

In article <1990Dec23.212620.7094 at unixland.uucp>, bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:

> An interesting note here -- I haven't noticed any character loss running
> a Trailblazer on my Esix system -- someone told me that the Esix asy
> driver is a "clone" of the FAS driver.  The Esix driver is also
> reputed to support the NS16550 UART (although I've failed to get it
> to even work AT ALL with the WD version of that chip).  I have yet to
> try the WD chips in the AST 4-port board I just installed.

Interesting...I've also had problems getting 16550's to work, and the
chips were the WD version.
I had the same experience as Bill with the Esix asy driver.  I don't
believe FAS worked either.
The symptoms were a hung port.  Poking around with crash led me to
believe a xmit done
interrupt had gotten lost.  At the time I wrote it off to bugs in the
el-cheapo serial card.
Anyone else seen problems with the WD 16550's.

/gary
	Gary Grebus
	grebus at nobozo.enet.dec.com     (work)
	decvax!balrog!glg                        (home)
	"Speaking for me, not for my employer"