SCO UNIX 3.2.2 and Micronics 486

jim morris jim at shograf.UUCP
Fri Jan 4 06:03:53 AEST 1991

>From article <1990Dec30.002048.8203 at world.std.com>, by wmandrus at world.std.com (Wayne R Mandrus):
>
> Is there anyone who has loaded SCO UNIX 3.2.2 on a Micronics 486-25
> based pc? Specifically, sco will not boot up if the internal cache
> is enabled. Has anyone seen this or something simular?
>
> -w

I have had the same problem on the Club AT Hawk 3, 33Mhz 486.
It won't boot unless you start in non-turbo mode. After it has booted
everything (except TCP/IP) works fine when switched to turbo mode.

Of course SCO and Club AT pointed fingers at each other. I still don't
know who is to blame (My bet is the H/W). However someone at SCO
did say that a new boot program is being worked on that will work with
486's. Ask your SCO tech support person for more info.

If someone actually has this new boot program let us know.

My solution was to move the disk to a 33Mhz 386 where it works just fine. The 486
has been relegated to run DOS and windows!!

Jim

jim at shograf.UUCP or motcsd!shograf!jim