SCO UNIX 3.2.2 and Micronics 486

Paul de Bra debra at wsinis03.info.win.tue.nl
Fri Jan 4 20:50:43 AEST 1991

In article <298 at shograf.UUCP> jim at shograf.UUCP (jim morris) writes:
>I have had the same problem on the Club AT Hawk 3, 33Mhz 486.
>It won't boot unless you start in non-turbo mode. After it has booted
>everything (except TCP/IP) works fine when switched to turbo mode.

Sounds like the old boot/speed problem again.
A vanilla sVr3.1 unix would not boot on my 25Mhz 386 box unless I slowed
it down to 8Mhz. sVr3.2 solved this problem.
Since the boot program cannot use real timers or something like that
to wait for asynchronous events it just loops a while, and on a 33Mhz 486
this loop may be over too soon for whatever it is the boot program
wants to wait for.

Once Unix has booted I could switch to 25Mhz with sVr3.1 and everything
was fine. Your problem is very similar...

Paul.
(debra at research.att.com, debra at win.tue.nl)