WD8003E problems under esix

Larry Foard larry at belch.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jan 19 15:04:22 AEST 1991

I have been attempting to install a WD8003E card for use by ESIX and have
had no success. The card works (I tried it with NCSA telnet under dos).
But under unix it acts as though it is connected to a black hole, I can't
telnet in or out (or get any reaction). Is there any trick to getting it
to work? I have tried installing and removing tcp/ip and the ethernet driver
several times, and tried several different interupts and addresses with no
luck.
netstat -I indicates that packets are being sent to lan0, but they don't
seem to end up on the network.