The INfamous inode bug

Randy Terbush randyt at asdnet
Sun Jan 20 04:57:55 AEST 1991

In <128 at thor.UUCP> scjones at thor.UUCP (Larry Jones) writes:

>So, for those who have expressed reservations about apply binary
>patches obtained from the network (a healthy dose of paranoia is
>good for any system manager)

I can vouch for the safety of this patch.  I first applied it after
Larry's original posting several months ago.  I have had no
problems since applying it.

Of course, it is always possible that Larry has setup the patch to
remove all filesystems on the 1 year anniversary of his posting. :-)

--
Randy Terbush ------------------ Mammoth Lakes, CA - Voice +1 619 934 0340