Monitoring Serial Line Status

Clay Jackson cjackso at uswnvg.UUCP
Tue Jan 1 04:01:00 AEST 1991

Here's one that's got me stumped (probably because I can't find it
in TFM);

I have a battery baclup (Standby) Power Supply that will report it's status
by grounding two pins of a three pin line.  When I was running DOS, I had
that line connected to a serial port as CTS and DTR,  had a program that
checked the status of those lines (to see if the machine was running on
the SPS, and determine when it was running out of battery capacity, so that
I could do a controlled shutdown).

Is there an IOCTL (or SOMETHING) that will let me do the same thing
under SCO SysV Unix?  I've been unable to dig this out of TFM (all
7 volumes) thus far?

Alternatively, does anyone have a better way to get what amounts to
double-bit (or, for that matter) two single bit input(s) into a
microchannel machine (the target machine is a PS/2 Mod 80).

Thanks!

Clay Jackson

cjsysv.wa.com | ....uunet!nwnexus!cjsysv!clayj