ISC tcp 1.2 questions

Axel Fischer fischer at utower.tower.in-berlin.de
Tue Jan 1 02:46:29 AEST 1991

Hello netlanders,

I have a few questions concerning the ISC tcp 1.2 release.

a) Why does ping only work occasionaly on hosts not direct connected to, e.g.
   hosts one or more hop away? ping just freezes.
   Other services such as ftp, telnet work fine every time I envoke them.

b) Why does ruptime and and rwho NEVER work. rwho displays nothing and
   ruptime even marks my own host as down!

c) I have setup an anonymous ftp account. Is any bug in the ISC ftpd known
   I should be aware of?

d) A kernel panic occurs every time when a slip connection over modem has
   heavy resync problems.

e) sldialup does not terminate, when the other host terminates the connection.
   It hangs (and blocks) the port. I have to kill the process manually.
   This works fine, when someone calls me via slip. When he terminates
   sllogin terminates without problems and releases the port.

Please reply via mail, if enough interest I summarize and post.

-Axel
--
fischer at utower.tower.in-berlin.de  /  fischer at tmpmbx.UUCP
  Class of '93
                               |  That is not dead, which can eternal lie.
  Go fast - take chances.      |  Yet with strange aeons, even death may die.