Choosing a 386 unix -- SUMMARY (long)

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Jan 30 06:22:15 AEST 1991

  I note that the info on Dell V.4 which I mailed and which someone
(Dewey?) posted has not been included here. For those who like more
features at a lower price, here it is (again).

----------------------
Vendor:		Dell Computer Corp
Product:	UNIX V.4
Contact info:
Price:		2 user: $ 995
		unlim:  $ 1295
Minimum Config:	(3,4)86; (E)ISA
		8MB mem, 100MB disk, tape
Support:	30 days free warranty phone support upon registration
		Free anonymous uucp access to support (not up yet)
		Variety of extra-cost support options
Documentation:	Dell installation guide and online man pages
		Use P-H V.4 manuals for hardcover.
		Man pages online for extra features, too
File System:	ufs, sysv, xenix
Drivers:	Adaptec SCSI, WD compatible MFM, RLL, ESDI
		SCSI tape, various multiport serial, wangtek tape
		only serial mouse fully working, update promised
Networking:	Streams bundled,
		NFS, ftp, smtp, telnet, rcmd, rclock, etc, included
X11 Support:	X11R4 included, MOTIF, olwm, twm
		only 640x480x16 screen support, free update promised
MS-DOS Support:	included: File transfer utilities, DOSmerge (works under X)
Miscellaneous:	pbm+, C news, GNUemacs, X utilities
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX