CLOSED TCP connection in Interactiv

steve at cdp.UUCP steve at cdp.UUCP
Sun Jan 6 13:50:00 AEST 1991

> steve at cdp.UUCP writes:
> >Spoke to an interactive tecnician
> >at a trade show, and he said it was a known bug (in the socket interface
> >implementation), and that there was no intention of issuing a patch
> >(this was 5 weeks ago).  It's a very serious bug -- so serious
> >that it has forced us into the decision of dropping the interactive
> >platform altogether (our organization depends on providing reliable
> >service over the internet).
>
> Heiko Blume writes:
> in the posting from isc about a week ago:
> [...]
> SSU.4a  Update  -  TCP/ip Update
> SSU.4b  Update  -  NFS Update
> [...]
> Addendum: SSU.4a/SSU.4b and V2.2.1 (full release) are due
> soon, not shipping yet.
>
> i guess these will fix your problem then.

I have applies the SSU.4a patch to my interactive TCP/IP, and
I still experience telnet and rlogin connections hanging in the CLOSED state.
c.f., I am running Interactive 2.0.2, not 2.2 yet, so I
am hoping that the problem will go away when we upgrade
operating systems; however, given our previous experience
with interactive products, I am not very optimistic...

Steve Fram
Technical Director
Institute For Global Communicaitons (IGC)
cdp!steve