backups (find & mounted file systems)

Steve Ralston sralston at srwic.UUCP
Sun Jan 20 16:39:00 AEST 1991

In article <8756 at star.cs.vu.nl> rvdp at cs.vu.nl (Ronald van der Pol) writes:
>Problems with the standard SCO utilities:
>- find doesn't have an option to skip mounted filesystems

I regularly use find with the "-mount" option on SCO systems, as in:

	cd /
	find . -mount -print | <some_other_command>

which prevents find from recursing mounted file systems.  Only problem is, the
"-mount" option is undocumented in the man pages for find!  I started using it
after seeing an article posted on the net, and to my surprise, it works!

Does anyone know why any UNIX vendor would NOT document this useful option for
find?  (other than, 'Maybe they don't know about it either'.  :-)	)
--
Steve Ralston						sralston at srwic.UUCP
235 N Zelta						voice: 316-686-2019