Warning on Unison UPS model UniPower 600

Mark McWiggins mark at intek01.uucp
Sat Jan 5 05:11:03 AEST 1991

Some of our guys recently overloaded one of our circuits with PC's they
were about to install at a customer site.  We also had a Unison Unipower
600 plugged into the same circuit, with a Unix 386 box, Telebit modem,
and monitor, and Apollo workstation plugged into it.

Instead of doing something rational like shutting down or sounding an
alarm, the Unison fried the power supply in the Unix 386 and the Telebit,
and sent enough of a charge to the monitor to hose up the colors for
a couple of days (though it seems to be back to normal now).

Unison told one of our guys that they're aware of this problem with this
model.  I guess other Unison models don't have the same problem, but it
certainly makes me wonder.

Caveat emptor.
--
Mark McWiggins			Integration Technologies, Inc. (Intek)
+1 206 455 9935			DISCLAIMER:  I could be wrong ...