internal Telebit, SCO Unix 3.2, 80 bytes/sec???

Paul de Bra debra at svin02.info.win.tue.nl
Fri Jan 4 03:18:36 AEST 1991

In article <24558 at dime.cs.umass.edu> williams at cs.umass.edu writes:
>...[description of juggling with com ports deleted]
>uutry
>reports CONNECT FAST, but the xferstats shows that I'm only getting
>76 bytes per second on large transfers!

I have seen a similar problem when I had a board with a COM1 and
not a COM2 (no second chip) and another board with a COM2 and COM3.
The COM2 didn't work right because of the presence of the non-existent
COM2 on the other board. I changed it to COM4 and all went well.

It sounds like you have an interrupt or address conflict causing
you system not to react properly to incoming characters.
(btw i was using FAS 2.07)

Paul.
(debra at research.att.com, debra at win.tue.nl)