internal Telebit, SCO Unix 3.2, 80 bytes/sec???

williams at cs.umass.edu williams at cs.umass.edu
Thu Jan 3 23:39:23 AEST 1991

I just installed an internal Trailblazer Plus in my 486/25 clone running SCO
Unix 3.2. At first, I tried to use COM3 but that broke the mouse on COM1 so I
guessed that the problem had to do with the interrupts, moved COM2 to COM4 and
put the modem at COM2 (when I tried disabling COM2, the mouse on COM1 stopped
working).

I am calling SCO's sosco system for testing and the Systems entry is
set to use the dialTBIT dialer with the speed set at 19200.  uutry
reports CONNECT FAST, but the xferstats shows that I'm only getting
76 bytes per second on large transfers!

What am I doing wrong?  Do I need to use the FAS driver instead of
SCO's?  Do I need to initialize the modem (dialTBIT -z?) at powerup
since it has no non-volatile ram?

Thanks for any help!
Leo      c/o williams at cs.umass.edu     leo at aai.com