binary Mach distribution for 386

Edward N. Kittlitz kittlitz at granite.cr.bull.com
Sat Jan 5 01:03:41 AEST 1991

In article <13963 at uswat.UUCP> naim at uswat.uswest.com (Naim Abdullah) writes:
>Just saw this note on comp.os.mach and thought that people here would be
>interested.
>>I received a postcard in the mail today from MtXinu, announcing that
>>in late January, they'll begin shipping a binary distribution of Mach
>>for AT-bus 386 machines.

I received the same card and made a brief enquiry. I was told that there
is no SCSI support (yet?). Also, there is apparently no binary compatability
support (ABI?) for System V.3. (after all, I believe
we are talking about BSD emulation). If this is correct, you won't
have the same flexibility in buying binary-only applications, most
of which are V.3 SCO/ISC.

-----
E. N. Kittlitz	kittlitz at world.std.com / kittlitz at granite.cr.bull.com
Contracting at Bull, but not alleging any representation of their philosophy.