SCSI and Intaractive-related questions - new site

Alex Beylin alexb at cfctech.cfc.com
Thu Jan 17 05:45:18 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan14.082427.1809 at hawkmoon.MN.ORG det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG (Derek E. Terveer) writes:
larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>on the SCSI drives that I have seen - the terminator resistors are in
>pairs - and look like either a dip or a long skinny device with lots
>of leads in a row.   I have never seen a 50 pin terminator - what
>type of drive?

I was wrong - 25 pins.  The drive does not have a manufacturer listed.
The ribbon cable connection on the drive is 2 rows of 25 pins.
Above that is a row of 25 "holes" that look like  they would take
a "long skinny device with lots of leads in a row" you desribe.
I can only assume that it is for the terminating of the SCSI chain.

Where can I get such a device?  Noone around here has one or
can find one in catalogs.  I called JDR Electronics, but they
didn't know what I am talking about.

-- Alex  (alexb at cfctech.cfc.com)