DOS under UNIX

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Sun Jan 20 01:40:30 AEST 1991

jim at crom2.uucp (James P. H. Fuller) writes:
>>I have a related question. My primary HD has three partitions...
>>How can I get at the dos partitions from unix.

A followup says:
>Extended DOS partitions are mountable just like the primary one, but
>only if the primary DOS partition is first in the fdisk table (i.e. was
>installed first.

Is this also true of SCO Unix?  I installed my DOS partition before I
brought up my Unix partition, but it's listed as partition number 4.  An
extended DOS partition is number 3, and Unix is listed as number 1.
Attempts to mount the extended partition fail.

Do I merely have to change the order of my partition table?  Is there
any way to do that without zapping the hard disk?

-rich