Can ISC 2.2 write QIC-24 on a QIC-150 drive.

Rajeev Seth rajs at hpindda.cup.hp.com
Tue Jan 8 11:39:46 AEST 1991

Has anyone tried successfully to write QIC-24 and QIC-120 tapes on a QIC-150
SCSI tape drive attached to an Interactive Unix 2.2 system . The manual says
that with different flags in the minor number of the device node created
you can write different densities. Has this been verified for a drive
with a native density of QIC_150 (a 150M drive) with say DC600A
cartridges. (Normally you are only supposed to use 32 track DC6150 tapes
in it which gets you QIC-150 format) For exchangability reasons, I was
wondering if I could write QIC-24 or 9track tape using the minor number
ISC recommends.