elm2.3 under SCO UNIX

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at jpradley.jpr.com
Tue Jan 8 11:41:44 AEST 1991

In article <6741 at emory.mathcs.emory.edu> dt at mathcs.emory.edu (Dave Taylor {guest}) writes:
>I've goved elm2.2 on my Xenix system, but I have to use to elm2.3PL0 on my
>SCO Unix system, because of mmdf. I've gotten it to compile
>under SCO UNIX 3.2.2.  It compiled great and reads
>mail without a problem, but when I go to send mail, I get some error messages
>that would appear to be permission problems, but I'm not sure what I've done
>wrong.  I get two different error messages:
>
>Unexpected address response: [ Permission denied ] Can't create text file to
>be queued.

I posted that question a while back, and Syd provided the answer:

  jpr at jpradley.jpr.com (Jean-Pierre Radley) writes:
  >A user other than root trying to use elm to mail to another local user
  >invariably fails, the message being:

  >	submit: [ Permission denied ] Can't create text file to be queued
  >	submit: message submission aborted
  Ah yes, the usual SCO permissions all wrong problem.
  Run the MMDF checkup script and you will find that the
  directories have the wrong permissions as shipped by SCO. Fix that
  and it will work.

  Sydney S. Weinstein, CDP, CCP          Elm Coordinator
  Datacomp Systems, Inc.             Voice: (215) 947-9900
  syd at DSI.COM or dsinc!syd            FAX:  (215) 938-0235
--

 Jean-Pierre Radley	    NYC Public Unix	jpr at jpr.com	CIS: 72160,1341