Inode Bug Fix for ISC 2.0.2

Christoph Splittgerber chris at alderan.uucp
Tue Jan 15 18:51:01 AEST 1991

In article <109 at thor.UUCP> scjones at thor.UUCP (Larry Jones) writes:
>Due to popular demand, here's the fix for ISC 2.0.2 as originally
>posted by Bill Wells:
>[]

First off all, thank you for the posting and for bringing some light
in this discussion.

I tried the patch for ISC 2.0.2 on two of our machines. On one machine
the script did run through without any errors. On the other machine
(ISC 2.0.2 as well but this license in newer) the script fails at the
checksum test.

>if [ x"`sum $in`" != x"50880 81 $in" ]; then
>	echo "sum failed"
>	exit 1
>fi
>if [ x"`sum -r $in`" != x"33908    81 $in" ]; then
>	echo "sum -r failed"
>	exit 1
>fi

Anyway, I removed this two checksum test, just to see what happens.
The script runs through and the "compare the list of differences
against the expected differences" passes without any problems.

So, what do you think ? Do you think the patch is ok anyway ?
Anyway, could some kind of soul tell me what the patch actually
does ?

    Thanks in advance,       Chris
--
Replies-To:  chris at alderan.uucp        UUCP: uunet!mcsun!unido!alderan!chris