ESIX Mailing List

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Mon Jan 7 09:32:19 AEST 1991

This message is an update to information previously posted regarding
"esixlist", a mailing list for those interested in "Esix", a SYSVR3 Unix
Operating System for 80x86 computers.  Since this list is maintained at
personal time and expense, please follow these guidelines when subscribing
to, or posting to, the list.  Please remember that this is a private
undertaking for the purpose of benefitting all of us using the Esix OS,
and I have no affiliation with Esix or Everex.

- Please use local distribution aliases whenever possible, and be sure to
  keep them up-to-date.  This helps reduce my traffic (and costs).

- When subscribing to the list, please provide a KNOWN GOOD PATH to your
  site.  Subscription correspondence is processed by a human, and I need
  to know how to get esixlist mail back to you.  Due to a recent rash of
  bounced mail (costing me needless expense), I am forced to implement the
  following policy:  The FIRST occurence of bounced mail destined to your
  site will result in your name being DELETED from the list.

- Please notify me ASAP when you expect your address, account name, path,
  etc to change.

The addresses for the list are as follows:

Subscription correspondence, comments, suggestions, etc:
    esixlist-request at unixland.uucp
    uunet!world!unixland!esixlist-request
    bill at unixland.uucp
    uunet!world!unixland!bill

Submissions to the list:
    esixlist at unixland.uucp
    uunet!world!unixland!esixlist

Please note that I am planning to change my hostname (to something shorter).
I will post a message before this occurs.

If anyone is familiar with the management of a mailing list, and has
any working solutions for dealing with bounced mail (to keep it from
getting bounced to everyone on the list), please let me know.  Thanks.

Bill Heiser
The Think_Tank BBS & Public Access Unix
--
home:	...!{uunet,bloom-beacon,esegue}!world!unixland!bill
	bill at unixland.uucp    Public Access Unix - Esix SYSVR3
other:	heiser at world.std.com