g++ and libg++ on SCO Opendesktop

Ron Guilmette rfg at NCD.COM
Sun Jan 13 04:56:27 AEST 1991

In article <22319 at ttidca.TTI.COM> mb at ttidca.TTI.COM (Michael Bloom) writes:
>In article <1991Jan01.111531.15463 at trevan.uucp> trevor at trevan.uucp writes:
>
>>When g++ has compiled the tests test0 core dumps. I would like to
>
>Test0 tries to perform incremental loading, using a feature of the
>berkeley loader that is not present on system 5 systems.

That statement should be ammended to say "... on PRE-SVR4 System 5 systems."
In SVR4 you get dynamic loading.

>If I get the
>time, I might include a front end to ld that performs this relatively
>trivial task in a future version of the coff set. Then again, with
>some recent developments, that may turn out not to be necessary.

I'm not 100% sure what "recent developments" Michael Bloom is refering
to, but perhaps he is talking about System 5 Release 4.  Considering
hom many improvements V.4 has over older System V releases, I certainly
hope and pray that people will not spend an inordinate amount of time
(from now on) trying to make GNU tools do clever things (e.g. dynamic
down the drain before too long.

--

// Ron Guilmette  -  C++ Entomologist
// Internet: rfg at ncd.com      uucp: ...uunet!lupine!rfg