Seagate IDEs

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Wed Jan 23 06:36:01 AEST 1991

rreiner at yunexus.YorkU.CA (Richard Reiner) writes:
>jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>>Conner has much better quality control than Seagate.  But since the ST1239A is
>>really an Imprimis drive, you couldn't go wrong with keeping that.
>
>What about the Seagate 1144AT?  Is that really an Imprimis as well?
>
>Does someone have a list of which "Seagate" drives are really made by
>Seagate, and which are made by companies with quality control?

According to my book on Imprimis, it's not an Imprimis drive.  I have a
brochure with the old Imprimis part numbers along with their new ST part
numbers.  That does not mean that it is not an Imprimis drive.  Keep in mind
that Imprimis is now a subdivision of Seagate.  It could be a new addition to
the Swift 3.5" IDE family.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | What to buy?
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | EISA or MCA?
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | When will the bus wars end?
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca