Problems running Windows 3.0 under Merge/386

Dr. Orville R. Weyrich orville at uunet.uu.net!weyrich
Thu Jan 24 17:44:55 AEST 1991

In article <0XV4V2w164w at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us> mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) writes:
>I'm currently trying to set up Windows 3.0 to run under the version of
>Merge/386 that SCO relabels as ODT-DOS and ships with Open Desktop
>
>The installation program may not be working right; it thinks I've got
>an 84- or 86-key keyboard and an IBM PC LAN network.  I reconfigure it
>for an AT 101-key keyboard and no network, and proceed with the

I run DOS MERGE with Microport Unix, and when I installed Borland Paradox,
it required that I install it as "other network operating system" (i.e.
not Novell, not 3-com, etc). It works fine.

The point is, I think that MERGE is intended to act as a network version
of DOS, and to get your software to run, it must be setup that way.

Your configuration is different, your mileage may vary ;-).

uucp: ...uunet!weyrich!orville                      Weyrich Computer Consulting
ma-bell:   (602)391-0821                                   (Yes! I'm available)