Problems running Windows 3.0 under Merge/386

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Jan 23 15:17:14 AEST 1991

In article <0XV4V2w164w at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us> mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) writes:

| Has anybody installed Windows 3.0 under Merge/386?  How'd you do it?
| Is this even possible?  SCO, are you listening?

  There's a something call which windows is documented to use to
determine the CPU type. Sorry if I can't remember the details, I can
remember who to ask tomorrow. At any rate, MSoft documented this method,
but then used something else in W3 instead. The call works in VPIX, I
believe in merge, too, but it's not used.

  There is supposed to be a patch which makes this all work anyway. I'll
ask tomorrow for the details, I overhead this whole thing going on as a
discussion over lunch or somewhere.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX