ESIX File System Selection

Mike Mitchell mdm at cocktrice.uucp
Thu Jan 24 14:34:37 AEST 1991

I am having unexplaned system crashes where the machine will hang
while unattended. I am running ESIX 3.2 Rev D and leave the machine
on 100% of the time. I will return after a leaving the machine
for a few hours, and it will be hung. The drive light is on indicating
that some sort of disk activity was happening on or about the time
of the system crash.

During system installation, I selected the Fast File System for all
partitions created. Could this be the culprit, or do I need to
chase a different problem? Upon opening the case, there does not seem
to be a heat problem, so I am not sure what may be causing my
difficulties.

Suggestions? Thanks for your time and effort.

Mike Mitchell		                          Email: mdm at cocktrice.uucp
2020 Calle Lorca #43	                          Phone: (505) 471-7639 H
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505	                         (505) 473-4482 W