ISC2.2 having trouble with Zmodem file transfer

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Fri Jan 4 23:23:07 AEST 1991

In article <37549 at cup.portal.com> DeadHead at cup.portal.com (Bruce M Ong) writes:
-Hi -
-	I am unable to upload from a Procomm PC to a ISC2.2 unix host
-via ymodem. It dies about 20 blocks into the transfer. The set up is
-as follows:
-
-	unix host:
-		PD zmodem stuff
-		telebit t1000 ext. modem
-		9600 baud, running on com2 (standard comm port)
-		25MHz 386.
-
-	pc host
-		procomm plus
-		telebit t1000
-		9600 baud
-
-Some people tell me that you cant run 9600 baud. So I step down to 4800, and
-I still have the problems. They also tell me that ISC2.2's tty buffer is
-1K and you cant do 1K block transfer. Now, is that correct? Has anybody
-done serial transfer at >4800 baud with 1K blocksize using Ymodem or Zmodem
-successfullly between an ISC2.2 box and a PC?

The TTY buffer size is not a problem with proper ZMODEM
implementations on both ends.  Unfortunately, some versions of
ISC Unix lock out comm interrupts when writing to disk long
enough to cause errors at 4800 bps and above.  Ethernet doesn't
make TTY input any better, BTW.

For further information and hints, please consult the
discussion of "Serial Input Errors" in DSZ.DOC.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla:621-3746 FAX:621-3735 CIS:70007,2304 Genie:CAF