tpscript font files do not run with troff ix/386 2.0.2

Dick Dunn rcd at ico.isc.com
Fri Jan 4 11:32:54 AEST 1991

hot at integow.uucp (Roland van Hout) writes:
> I would like to have a troff on interactive unix 2.0.2 that writes
> postscript data, so I got me a copy of tpscript, compiled/installed
> it and troff itself crasheson the alw fontfiles.
> Is this a known bug of the alw font files or is my makedev wrong
> or is my troff broken?

I tried building and running tpscript some time ago.  There were some
problems during installation (the installation was set up for BSD install,
which is quite different from Sys V install) but those were minor.  I also
hit a crash, which sounds like van Hout's problem, due to tpscript
attempting to set up more "built-in" fonts than provided for in this
version of ditroff.  (It's a hard-coded limit of 10.)  You can use as many
fonts as you desire, if you reference them by name; you just can't "mount"
them.  Try reducing the number of fonts in DESC.
--
Dick Dunn     rcd at ico.isc.com -or- ico!rcd       Boulder, CO   (303)449-2870
   ...Mr. Natural says, "Use the right tool for the job."