Exabyte drive on Intel V.4 with WD7000

Bill Taylor bt at sleaze.meteor.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 27 09:55:03 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan25.181355.16475 at virtech.uucp>, cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
|> In article <1991Jan24.184603.9612 at meteor.wisc.edu> bt at meteor.wisc.edu (Bill Taylor) writes:
|>
|> The second piece is the number of "LUs supported by the TC".  I don't really
|> know what this is, but for 99.9% of the SCSI devices out there it will be a
|> 1.

Most Scsi devices only have one logical device which is attached to the
controller. Some like the Emulex MD/21 will talk to 2 Esdi drives. And
some like the Scientific Micro Systems Omti 7400 will talk to 2 esdi
or st506 drives , 4 floppies, and a streamer tape.

|> So to get your tape drive working add a line to the table that says
|> something like:
|>
|> 	"Exabyte id string....    ", 1, /* Exabyte 8mm tape drive */

Acutally did fix the problem! The sdo1 directory was for hard drives
and there was one I think called st01 which when I placed the entry
enabled the device /dev/rmt/c0s0

The UUCP entries are set up and if I go "cu sleaze":

	It finds the line, the modem, the dialer, dials the phone
	and even connects correctly. While spiiting lots of debug messages
	to the screen.

plain "cu" gives me a "CONNECTED" message but I can not control the modem
and dial. uucico never gets the phone dialed.

??